ARTAS Robotic Hair Transplant in Chicago
Although FUE procedures are minimally invasive and cause little pain and recovery time compared to conventional STRIP hair transplants, FUE procedures can still last eight hours or more. Such a long procedure time may cause fatigue in even the most experienced Neograft operator. Luckily, the ARTAS FDA-approved system can aid with this heavy hair-pulling. The ARTAS robotic system has computer-based robotic control, video imaging and uses a blunt dissection technique. This amazing advanced technology allows for very precise extraction of follicular units from the donor area with minimal transection. What does this mean? The precision of the ARTAS robot allows the grafts to be harvested with fewer traumas and thus, results in better growth.
What Is ARTAS?
The revolutionary ARTAS robotic system utilizes a computer-assisted image guidance technology to increase the number and quality of usable hair follicles gathered from donor sites. This new system is more precise and less invasive than even what the most experienced can accomplish with the Neograft. This is especially true for megasessions of over 2,000 FUE grafts. Because our center has been performing ARTAS robotic hair restoration since the beginning of 2012 and is one of the first and most experienced in the world, we are able to harvest up to 3,500 FU in a single day with the harvest speed of about 900/hr. Tihs is not possible with any other FUE method including Neograft.
The ARTAS robotic device is an image-guided system composed of a robotic arm, needle punch mechanism, disposable proprietary dermal punches, video imaging system, disposable cartridges, and a user interface. Its extraction technique consists of a double punch arrangement with an inner punch and outer punch. The inner punch has cutting capabilities to score the upper most part of the skin and the outer punch has a blunt edge used for dissection of the follicular units from the surrounding tissue that minimizes injury to the grafts. This is an advantage over the Neograft system, which utilizes sharp punch dissection that has a higher possibility off follicle damage.
Benefits of the ARTAS iX™
- Fastest hair transplant method – translates into more comfortable experience for our patients and allowing grafts back to scalp faster than with any other methods including manual FUE. The ARTAS iX™ can harvest over 1500 grafts per hour, making it 50% faster than older models.
- With advanced image-guided robotics, ARTAS iX™ can precisely analyze and dissect the best grafts from your donor area thousands of times without human tiredness factor typical for manual methods.
- Aaccurately identify where grafts should be implanted to achieve a personalized hairline that’s perfectly suited to you – ARTAS iX™ site making capability of over 4000sites/hr.
- Intelligently analyze and select grafts from the donor area concentrating on multi hair grafts – imagine getting mostly 2/3 hair grafts versus random mixture of hair grafts – that means that if you pay for 1000 grafts you can get 3000 hairs versus average 1500 hairs.
- Multi-camera stereoscopic vision system with 44-micron resolution and the device’s seven-axis robot arm enable physicians to deliver automated procedures with the greatest accuracy.
- By protecting the patient’s existing terminal hair, ARTAS iX™ works to maintain a more natural appearance in both the implantation area and the donor site.
Advanced ARTAS iX™ Robotic Hair Transplant Technology
New Horizons Center for Cosmetic Surgery is the only center in the Midwest offering the most advanced ARTAS iX™ robotic hair transplant technology! While we were one of the first robotic centers in the world to introduce ARTAS robot in 2013 we are also one of the first to adapt the latest and the greatest product – ARTAS i™ Under the direction of Dr. Turowski we have transplanted over 1.5 million grafts using a robotic system, making us one of the most experienced robotic centers in the World. The ARTAS iX™ Robotic Hair Restoration System is the world’s first intelligent hair restoration platform to utilize state-of-the-art robotic and artificial intelligence AI technology. It offers precise, efficient, and repeatable harvesting with simultaneous recipient site making and implantation functionality ARTAS? continuously enhances both physician and patient experience and satisfaction, as evidenced by an average “Worth It” rating of 96% on RealSelf.com.